Last updated: July 28, 2020
PTS has resumed enforcement of parking for faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Enforcement was paused in March as a result of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Note these important points now that enforcement has resumed:
Based on the university's transition to an online model and ongoing concerns about COVID-19 (coronavirus), various services offered by PTS and our partners have been affected. In the interest of public health, we are modifying some services as well as making every effort to have online options available. Please read updates on these services below.
The following garage cashier offices are staffed Monday through Friday 7 a.m.-7:30 p.m. for those who wish to do in-person transactions: Brazos Garage, Health Center Garage, and San Antonio Garage. Operations for the PTS main office are continuing remotely. PTS is responding to emails for questions including our main email account firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please continue to monitor this page as well as the university’s COVID-19 UPDATES page for information.
- UT Shuttle Service - UT Shuttle Service will not operate through the end of the summer. If you need to get to campus when the shuttles are not running, Capital Metro mainline bus operations will continue to operate on a modified level of service. Get the latest updates on Capital Metro mainline service at CapMetro & COVID-19.
- Capital Metro Mainline Service - Capital Metro mainline service continues to operate at this time, but with a modified level of service to promote public health and accommodate social distancing. Get the latest updates on Capital Metro mainline service at CapMetro & COVID-19.
- E-Bus - The E-Bus will not operate through the remainder of the summer.
- Sure Walk - Sure Walk will not operate through the summer.
- UT Night Rides - UT Night Rides will not operate through the summer.
- Bikes - PTS is not currently doing campus-wide impounding or scheduling a summer campus bike clean up, but may relocate racks for construction projects during the university's online model. The Kickstand and Orange Bike Project will not operate through the summer. You can still register your bike online for free anytime, and use bike pumps and FixIt stations located around campus. For information on how to protect your bike, return your bike rental, and receive a bike locker reimbursement during the university's online model, see Bicycle Information For University's Online Model.
- Enforcement - PTS has resumed enforcement of parking for faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Enforcement was paused in March as a result of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Note these important points now that enforcement is resuming:
- Annual 2019-20 and Spring 2020 Permits - PTS deactivated and reimbursed permits in April as a result of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
- Summer 2020 Permits - PTS currently requires an active permit, or payment of a fee at a meter or in one of the campus garages to park on campus. Review important information related to permits at Parking Enforcement Resumes June 22, 2020.
- Fall 2020 Permits - Fall parking permit renewals, purchases and deadline information can be found online for students and faculty/staff.
- Garage Offices - The following garage offices are staffed Monday through Friday 7 a.m.-7:30 p.m. for those who wish to do in-person transactions: Brazos Garage, Health Center Garage, and San Antonio Garage. PTS will also respond to questions about garages during business hours via email at email@example.com.
- Parking Inquiries - PTS staff are still responding to parking inquiries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Citation Appeals - You can submit a citation appeal online either with a UT EID, or using the email form. PTS continues to answer these.
- Fuel - The main campus fuel station at Manor Rd and IH-35 (Bldg FC7) and the Pickle Research Campus fuel station (Bldg SV1) are open for fueling. See Fueling Options for University Fleet Vehicles for more information.
- Automotive Shops - The university Automotive Shops are open. Due to the large backlog of repairs and new COVID-19 protocols, we ask that you request services in advance either via email to email@example.com or phone at 512-471-4668. We are currently working by appointment only.
Vending Machine Servicing
Vending machines will not be serviced in buildings that are closed during the university's online model. Residential Halls will be serviced through University Housing and Dining.
For the most responsive service, contact the vendors directly:
Canteen Vending (Snacks): 512-651-8282
Online Vending Machine Service Requests will post directly to the Vendor as well as to University personnel.
- Vending Machine Refunds - Vending Machine Refund Requests will be processed after the University returns from remote status.
- Vending Machine Inquiries - PTS staff are still responding to vending machine inquiries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.