Last updated: February 7, 2022
PTS enforcement of parking for faculty, staff, students, and visitors continues. Those bringing vehicles on campus must follow the university’s Parking & Traffic Regulations.
Avoid in-person transactions by using My Parking Profile to purchase permits, appeal and pay citations, manage permit waitlist selections, and update vehicle and address information. Should you have a parking issue, most can be addressed via email to email@example.com.
Please continue to monitor this page as well as the university’s Protect Texas Together page for information.
- UT Shuttle Service - UT Shuttle service is operating.
- Capital Metro Mainline Service - Capital Metro service is operating.
- E-Bus - The E-Bus will not operate through the spring semester.
- Sure Walk - Sure Walk is operating.
- UT Night Rides - UT Night Rides runs 7 days a week from midnight to 4 a.m. UT Night Rides also operates through holiday and breaks.
- Bikes - The Kickstand is closed until further notice. You can still register your bike online for free anytime, and use FixIt stations located around campus.
- Enforcement - PTS continues enforcement of parking for faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Note these important reminders:
- Citations will be issued to those who do not have an active permit or do not pay a fee at a meter or garage.
- Those bringing vehicles on campus must follow the university’s Parking & Traffic Regulations.
- Current parking restrictions will remain in effect on campus during final exams and the semester breaks. A valid UT permit or payment of fees at garages or meters is required to park.
- Parking Options - See Spring Updates for Parking and Transportation for spring 2022 staff, faculty, and student parking options.
- Garage Offices - Avoid in-person transactions by using My Parking Profile to purchase permits, appeal and pay citations, manage permit waitlist selections, and update vehicle and address information. Should you have a parking issue, most can be addressed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parking Inquiries - PTS staff are still responding to parking inquiries via email to email@example.com.
- Citation Appeals - You can submit a citation appeal online either with a UT EID, or using the email form. PTS continues to answer these.
- Longhorn Auto Assistance Program (LAAP) - LAAP is operating.
- Fuel - The main campus fuel station at Manor Rd and IH-35 (Bldg FC7) and the Pickle Research Campus fuel station (Bldg SV1) are open for fueling. See Fueling Options for University Fleet Vehicles for more information.
- Automotive Shops - The university Automotive Shops is open.
Vending Machine Servicing
Vending machines will not be serviced in buildings that are closed. Residential Halls will be serviced through University Housing and Dining. Please inform firstname.lastname@example.org if your building opens and machines need to be filled.
For the most responsive service, contact the vendors directly:
Canteen Vending (Snacks): 512-651-8282
Online Vending Machine Service Requests will post directly to the Vendor as well as to University personnel.
- Vending Machine Refunds - Vending Machine Refund Requests will be processed on the first and third Fridays of each month.
- Vending Machine Inquiries - PTS staff are still responding to vending machine inquiries via email to email@example.com.