Last updated: March 16, 2021
PTS has resumed enforcement of parking for faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Enforcement was paused in March as a result of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Note these important points now that enforcement has resumed:
Based on the university's transition to a hybrid model and ongoing concerns about COVID-19 (coronavirus), various services offered by PTS and our partners have been affected. In the interest of public health, we are modifying some services as well as making every effort to have online options available. Please read updates on these services below.
Avoid in-person transactions by using My Parking Profile to purchase permits, appeal and pay citations, manage permit waitlist selections, and update vehicle and address information. Should you have a parking issue, most can be addressed via email to email@example.com.
Please continue to monitor this page as well as the university’s COVID-19 UPDATES page for information.
- UT Shuttle Service - UT Shuttle service is operating.
- Capital Metro Mainline Service - Capital Metro is operating.
- E-Bus - The E-Bus will not operate through the spring semester.
- Sure Walk - Sure Walk is operating 8 p.m. - 2 a.m., 7 days/week, exluding holidays and when dorms are closed.
- UT Night Rides - UT Night Rides runs 7 days a week from midnight to 4 a.m. UT Night Rides will not have a break in service this year and will continue to operate through the holiday and fall/winter breaks.
- Bikes - PTS is not currently doing campus-wide impounding, but may relocate racks for construction projects during the university's hybrid model. The Kickstand and Orange Bike Project are closed until further notice. You can still register your bike online for free anytime, and use FixIt stations located around campus. For information on how to protect your bike, return your bike rental, and receive a bike locker reimbursement during the university's hybrid model, see Bicycle Information For University's Hybrid Model.
- Enforcement - PTS has resumed enforcement of parking for faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Enforcement was paused in March as a result of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Note these important points now that enforcement is resuming:
- Citations will be issued to those who do not have an active permit or do not pay a fee at a meter or garage. Get more information at Parking Enforcement Resumes June 22, 2020.
- Those bringing vehicles on campus must follow the university’s Parking & Traffic Regulations.
- Current parking restrictions will remain in effect on campus during final exams and the fall/winter breaks. A valid UT permit or payment of fees at garages or meters is required to park.
- Spring 2021 Permits - Renewal deadlines for student garage R and S permits have passed. Remaining garage permits are currently on sale through My Parking Profile for a pro-rated price. Students who want a spring R or S permit not listed as available can enter the R Waitlist or the S Permit Lottery. C, C+, D, and D+ permits do not have a renewal deadline and can be purchased online through My Parking Profile any time for a pro-rated price.
- Garage Offices - Avoid in-person transactions by using My Parking Profile to purchase permits, appeal and pay citations, manage permit waitlist selections, and update vehicle and address information. Should you have a parking issue, most can be addressed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to severe weather, garage offices are closed until further notice.
- Parking Inquiries - PTS staff are still responding to parking inquiries via email to email@example.com.
- Citation Appeals - You can submit a citation appeal online either with a UT EID, or using the email form. PTS continues to answer these.
- Longhorn Auto Assistance Program (LAAP) - Due to severe weather, LAAP service will not operate until further notice.
- Fuel - The main campus fuel station at Manor Rd and IH-35 (Bldg FC7) and the Pickle Research Campus fuel station (Bldg SV1) are open for fueling. See Fueling Options for University Fleet Vehicles for more information.
- Automotive Shops - Due to severe weather, university Automotive Shops are closed until further notice.
Vending Machine Servicing
Vending machines will not be serviced in buildings that are closed. Residential Halls will be serviced through University Housing and Dining. Please inform firstname.lastname@example.org if your building opens and machines need to be filled.
For the most responsive service, contact the vendors directly:
Canteen Vending (Snacks): 512-651-8282
Online Vending Machine Service Requests will post directly to the Vendor as well as to University personnel.
- Vending Machine Refunds - Vending Machine Refund Requests will be processed on the first and third Fridays of each month.
- Vending Machine Inquiries - PTS staff are still responding to vending machine inquiries via email to email@example.com.