Expect extra congestion on Friday and Saturday, May 24 – 25, 2019 as numerous events are taking place all across the Forty Acres, including:
- College/School Commencement Ceremonies at various buildings across campus on Friday, May 24 and Saturday, May 25
- Main Commencement Ceremony at the Main Mall on Saturday, May 25
- UT Residence Hall move out
21st Street will be one way eastbound for all vehicular traffic; this includes all carts, between University Ave and San Jacinto Blvd. With the assistance from the University Police Department, this change in traffic flow will begin on Friday, May 24 from 6:00 am until 8:45 pm and on Saturday, May 25 from 6:00 am until 3:45 pm. This is to assist those attendees who need to be dropped off and picked up for the college/school convocations occurring at Gregory Gym.
These events will create extra congestion and traffic delays on and around campus, so please plan accordingly. All day on Friday, May 24 and Saturday, May 25, the Austin Police Department will be assisting with traffic control along the following streets on the south end of campus.
- Martin Luther King Boulevard from Brazos Street to the IH-35 southbound Frontage Road
- Red River Street from Martin Luther King Boulevard to 15th Street
- Trinity Street from 15th Street to Martin Luther King Boulevard