As part of the university's East Campus Master Plan (pdf), several parking lots east of I-35 will close for the construction of graduate housing.
Beginning April 12, 2022, the following lots will close for construction:
|Location||Type of Closure|
|Lot 119||temporary - returns some time in 2024|
|Lot 121||temporary - returns some time in 2024|
Alternatives to C, C+, and A Permit Parking
If your permit is no longer meeting your parking needs, it can be returned and refunded, or transferred to a new permit type, by emailing email@example.com or visiting any staffed garage office. You will be credited for the days remaining on your permit.
If you are seeking alternatives to C, C+, or A Permit parking, consider:
- East Campus Garage (ECG) - ECG is in the same area as east campus lots, is available for purchase any time, and has discounted garage permit prices.
- Other Garages - You can see which garages have availability through My Parking Profile. For unavailable garages, you can enter the waitlist. Students can also purchase one during open sales for future semesters.
- Discounted Garage Daily Parking
- Intramural Fields Lot - Permit holders can park at Intramural Fields (Guadalupe & 51st) and ride the IF Shuttle, which drops off at Dean Keeton just west of San Jacinto. See map below.
- Shuttle & Capital Metro - If you live along a bus route, students and staff ride fare free with their UT ID.
- Park and Ride - If you don't live along a bus route, Capital Metro offers numerous Park and Ride locations with buses that drop off at the university. Students and staff ride fare free with their UT ID.