The university is hosting a Central Texas Food Bank (CTFB) Mobile Pantry on Saturday, October 10, 2020, from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. This event is open to any students, staff and faculty who need food or are facing food insecurities.
The event will be held in Lot 118 just north of the Frank Erwin Center. The entrance and exit will be clearly marked. This event will operate largely as a vehicle drive-through pickup to help ensure social distancing. Although the drive-through option is strongly encouraged, walk-ups are welcome. If you are participating in the event, please wear a face covering.
CTFB volunteers will load a free 20-pound box of food containing shelf-stable pantry items, dairy and protein into the trunk of each vehicle. The CTFB asks that drivers allow adequate space in their vehicle before they arrive at the event.
Several precautions related to COVID-19 will be in place.
- All volunteers are required to wear a recommended protective face mask at all times when at a Mobile Food Pantry site.
- CTFB also provides hand sanitizer and gloves to all volunteers.
- During volunteer orientation, volunteers are reminded that they cannot participate if they are feeling symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 in the last two weeks. CTFB also asks that people do not volunteer if they have not been able to social distance and wear a protective face covering in public during the past 14 days.
- CTFB has implemented touchless volunteer check in and social distancing and requires all volunteers to pre-register to support social distancing during volunteer shifts.
- Food distribution is set up to ensure ample space (30 feet) between each loading station to ensure everyone’s physical safety during the distribution.
For more information on other ways to receive support from the Central Texas Food Bank, visit their Get Help webpage.