UT Austin Community,
The 3M Half Marathon will affect parking and traffic this weekend (Jan. 18 – 19, 2020) on and around campus. Please carefully read the details below.
Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) will begin restricting parking in the areas listed below beginning at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 18. Restrictions will be in place until 2 p.m. on Sunday January 19.
- 100 West 21st Street.
- 2500 Speedway and Dean Keeton (F31 spaces).
All vehicles must be removed from these locations by 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 18. Any vehicles not moved by this time will be relocated at the vehicle operator’s expense to Lot 53, which is located north of the Chemical and Petroleum Engineering Building (CPE) between Speedway and San Jacinto Blvd.
Traffic Restrictions Around Campus
The following areas will be restricted to traffic while runners are in the streets beginning at 7 a.m. and lasting until 2 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 19:
- Dean Keeton between San Jacinto Blvd. and Speedway.
- Speedway between Dean Keeton and 21st St.
- 21st St. between Speedway and University Ave.
- Northbound lane of University Ave. between 21st St. and MLK Blvd.
- Eastbound lanes of MLK Blvd. between Guadalupe St. and Trinity St.
- Westbound lanes of MLK BLVD. between Red River St. and Trinity St.
- 15th St. between Congress Ave. and Trinity St.
Brazos Garage Permit Holders
Access in or out of BRG will be restricted to westbound on MLK Blvd. only from 7 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 19.
Trinity Garage Permit Holders
Access in or out of TRG will be restricted to northbound on Trinity St. and eastbound on MLK Blvd. only from 7 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Sunday, January 19.
For more information on the 3M Half Marathon, go to the marathon website.
Parking & Transportation Services