Due to construction at Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium (DKR), parking on campus will be affected as follows beginning Monday, June 28, 2021, and ending on Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
- The northbound lane along San Jacinto Blvd. between 21st Street and the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center (UTX) will be closed. The F21 spaces along the east curb near L. Theo Bellmont Hall (BEL) will be closed. All vehicles in these areas must be removed by 9 p.m. on Sunday, June 27, 2021, or they will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Campus should expect congestion and increased traffic along San Jacinto Blvd., as well as scarcity of parking near BEL.
- Pedestrians will use the San Jacinto and 21st Street crosswalk to move north and south on the west side of San Jacinto, and they will use the San Jacinto crosswalk near UTX to pass north and south on the west side of San Jacinto.
- Flaggers working with the project will be present to maintain traffic flow and bus routes, as well as pedestrian traffic. Signage will be in place as well.
- Due to the congestion and increased traffic in the area, cyclists may wish to use alternative routes during this time.
As always, Parking and Transportation Services would like to remind you to be courteous, share the road, and be aware of your surroundings while in heavy traffic and near construction zones. Should this project be rescheduled or cancelled, we will send an updated notification. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for supporting the university in all endeavors.