Below is a list of recent awards (within the past five years) that PTS has received for departmental and individual efforts in the parking and transportation industries as well as the university.
Parking Organization of the Year
(Year Received: 2016)
- Given by the International Parking & Mobility Institute for PTS's creative solutions and innovations, standards of customer service, reliability, breadth of program and service, and contributions to the parking, transportation, and mobility industry.
Bicycle Friendly University- Bronze Level
(Years Received: 2013-2017)
- Given by The League of American Bicyclist to the university for promoting and providing a more bikeable campus for students, staff and visitors. The university is evaluated in five primary areas: engineering, encouragement, education, enforcement and evaluation/planning.
100 Best Fleets
Given by the “100 Best Fleets” to recognize peak performing fleet operations based on problem solving, accountability, and engagement.
- 2019: 1st place (for university fleet operations in the nation); 49th place (for all fleet operations in the nation)
- 2018: 5th place (for university fleet operations in the nation); 81st place (for all fleet operations in the nation)
- 2017: 1st place (for university fleet operations in the nation); 10th place (for all fleet operations in the nation)
Award of Excellence for New Parking Structure
(Year Received: 2019)
- Given by the Texas Parking and Transportation Association to recognize excellence in parking design and construction for the East Campus Garage.
President's Exemplary Service Award
Given by university leadership to recognize an individual for specific services or activities that demonstrate exemplary service or performance.
- 2019: Marivic Muniz
Parking Employee of the Year
Given by the Texas Parking and Transportation Association to recognize an individual employee and their contributions to the transportation industry.
- 2014: Dr. Bob Harkins
Eyes Of Texas Excellence award
Given by the student members of The Eyes of Texas, an anonymous campus organization, the award is given to ten deserving UT faculty, administration or staff members each semester.
- 2014: Michael Shaw
The Most Inluential People in Security (Education)
Every year Security magazine honors the top security executives and leaders who positively impact their organization. Nominated by colleagues and associates and chosen on leadership qualities and overal positive impact. Organized into five categories: Corporate, Government, Education, NGO's and Cybersecurity.
- 2015: Dr. Bob Harkins