University Fleet Operations (UFO) provides mechanical repairs and fueling services for all University owned vehicles, trailers, carts, and equipment (here after collectively referred to as 'Equipment)." Fleet receives and inspects the equipment, registers, titles and plates it, inventory tags it, applies decals, safety inspects, enters it into the data base, creates a maintenance schedule and makes it ready for departmental use. UFO sends out notifications when preventative maintenance is due.
University Fleet Operations offers a web-based method for monitoring your fleet's vehicles. Check out CARMA (Customer Automotive Records Maintenance Access). Here, the basic "birth certificate' information is recorded for all Departmental equipment; (i.e. year, make, model, PO#, inventory #, VIN# or serial#, color, and contact info). You can also find a history of all mechanical repairs and fueling transactions by vehicle. CARMA has a mileage update page where all equipment mileage should be entered on a weekly basis, CARMA also has reporting capabilities. Request access to CARMA by sending your name, UT EID, and your department name to: email@example.com
- Assistance in ordering and retiring vehicles, carts, trailers, and all rolling stock (forklifts, backhoes, bobcats, sprayers, tankers, etc.).
- Preventative maintenance and repairs performed by Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified technicians at two maintenance facilities (Manor Rd and PRC).
- Two self-service fueling stations with unleaded gasoline, propane, ethanol (E85), diesel, and biodiesel fuels
- Self-service car wash facilities
- Compliance and data reporting to state and federal agencies
- Processing retail fuel card requests (for off campus fueling)
- Licensed Texas vehicle Inspection Station
- Vehicle and boat registration renewals
- Replacing lost, stolen, or damaged license plates
- Assistance in accident reporting
- 12- & 15-passenger van operator’s training and authorization
- Vehicle motor pool – loaner cars while your car is being repaired.