Violators may have their vehicle booted or towed if they have:
- four or more outstanding citations, or
- at least one citation over 120 days past due.
Boots can be easily avoided by taking care of all citations within the allotted 12 days by either paying or appealing.
Do not move your car with a boot attached. Any movement may result in serious damage to your car and to the boot. If the boot is damaged, repair or replacement fees will be added.
Removing or attempting to remove a boot will initiate a police report.
What Can I Do if My Car is Booted?
- Pay the fines and fees at any staffed garage office
- Weeknights after 11:45 p.m., weekends, and holidays, pay at the Conference Center Garage
- Boots will only be removed between the hours of 8 a.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A $100 boot fee will be charged
- You have 36 hours to contact PTS. After that time, the vehicle may be impounded.
See the Parking and Traffic Regulations for more information.