|Project||Traffic Flow Affected||Permit Holders Affected||Location||Expected End Date|
|Arena and Red River Realignment||Yes||C, F36||
||Late Fall 2019 - summer 2020|
|Road Repaving||Yes||D+||Inner Campus Dr between Painter (PAI) and Garrison (GAR) Halls||Jan. 30, 2020|
|Guadalupe Street Corridor||Yes||
|No||A||East Curb of San Jacinto Blvd near MLK||TBD|
Arena and Red River Realignment Project
The following areas are affected by this project:
- 20th Street
- Red River (between Clyde Littlefield & MLK)
- Robert Dedman Dr. (between Red River & 20th St.)
- Lot 80
- Child Care Center that is located within the Steve Hicks School of Social Work Building (SSW) and the Texas Swim Center (TSC)
For specific dates and information about how these areas are affected, see Capital Planning and Construction's New Multi-Purpose Arena and Red River Street Realignment Projects page.
Inner Campus Dr Repaving
The University will be undergoing a repaving project on Inner Campus Drive (ICD). Beginning December 16, 2019, Centennial Construction will be repaving ICD from Painter Hall (PAI) through Garrison Hall (GAR). The projected completion time for the repaving is currently January 30, 2020.
December 16, 2019 – January 30, 2020
- Access through ICD will be maintained throughout the repaving project.
- Campus should be aware of narrow lanes along ICD for the duration of the project
- Parking along ICD will be temporarily lost.
As always, PTS would like to remind the University to be aware of your surroundings and yield to pedestrian foot traffic along construction areas.
Guadalupe Street Corridor/ West Campus Sidewalk Improvements
In the West Campus area, the City of Austin’s Corridor Program Office is improving safety, connectivity and access for pedestrians by rehabilitating sidewalks, improving curb ramps and filling in gaps in the existing sidewalk network.
Improvements will be made to:
- East side, south of 26th Street
- North side, between Guadalupe & Nueces streets
- A new pedestrian crosswalk and signal will be added at San Antonio Street
- South side, between Nueces & San Antonio streets
Construction is expected to begin as early as Dec. 21 and should be complete in Jan. 2020. Work will occur Mon. – Fri. from 7 a.m. - 6 p.m., and will require intermittent daily travel lane closures during non-peak traffic periods. The temporary closure of some driveways may also be needed to facilitate driveway reconstruction. Work may also occur at night or on weekends (if needed) to expedite completion of the improvements.