|Project||Traffic Flow Affected||Permit Holders Affected||Location||Expected End Date|
|Trinity Street Construction||Yes||F||2300 Trinity Street Between Deloss Dodds Way and Robert Dedman Drive||Begins July 25th & Ends July 27th
|Arena and Red River Realignment||Yes||C, F36||
|Yes||Robert Dedman Dr (between DeLoss Dodds and Clyde Littlefield): one-way northbound||begins: April 21, 2020
anticipated end date: August 24, 2020
|No||A||East Curb of San Jacinto Blvd near MLK||TBD|
Trinity Street Construction
The University is undergoing a construction project that will disrupt parking and traffic flow on campus around Trinity Street and 25th Street. The particular disruption will begin on Saturday, July 25, 2020 and is projected to be completed on Sunday, July 26, 2020.
Construction Project Disruption
- Trinity Street and 25th Street will both be closed between Deloss Dodds Way and Robert Dedman Drive.
- The F20 permit parking spaces along Trinity Street and 25th Street will be closed. During the closure, F20 permits will be granted access into San Jacinto Garage. All vehicles in these areas must be removed by 9pm on Friday, July 24 or they will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- The third level exit and entrance in San Jacinto Garage will be closed during the duration of the project. Guests should enter the garage via the San Jacinto Boulevard entrance.
- Campus should expect congestion and increased traffic along San Jacinto Boulevard as well as increased east and westbound traffic on Deloss Dodds Way. Scarcity of parking in the San Jacinto Garage is to be expected due to the removal of spaces along Trinity Street and 25th Street.
- Please note that DeLoss Dodds Way is closed to east bound traffic at Robert Dedman Drive, and is detoured to west bound DeLoss Dodds Way via the median break.
- Cyclists, Pedestrians, and Electric Scooter users should find alternative routes.
Upon Completion of this Construction Project
Trinity Street traffic between DeLoss Dodds Way and Robert Dedman Drive will be one way going south bound. All vehicular traffic must enter Trinity Street from Robert Dedman Drive and exit onto DeLoss Dodds Way. Anyone exiting the San Jacinto Garage onto Trinity Street must turn right and proceed to exit Trinity Street onto Deloss Dodds Way.
As always, Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) would like to remind you to be courteous and share the road, as well as be aware of your surroundings while in heavy traffic and near construction zones. Should this be rescheduled or cancelled, we will send you an updated notification. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your support of all University endeavors.
Arena and Red River Realignment Project
The following areas are affected by this project:
- 20th Street
- Red River (between Clyde Littlefield & MLK)
- Robert Dedman Dr. (between Red River & 20th St.)
- Lot 80
- Child Care Center that is located within the Steve Hicks School of Social Work Building (SSW) and the Texas Swim Center (TSC)
For specific dates and information about how these areas are affected, see Capital Planning and Construction's New Multi-Purpose Arena and Red River Street Realignment Projects page.