Students, faculty, and staff who utilize electric scooters must operate them according to campus rules and regulations.
Campus rules to follow
- Scooters may only be operated in areas where bicycle traffic is allowed
- Scooters should not be operated on sidewalks unless traveling to or from a bicycle rack
- Scooters should be operated at a low speed in the presence of pedestrians. The campus speed limit is 15 miles per hour, the maximum for all motorized vehicles
- As a reminder, pedestrians have priority right of way and scooters are required to yield to pedestrian traffic
- Scooters should be parked around bike racks across campus so they don't block access or impede pedestrian traffic. Please be mindful of where the scooter is parked in order to ensure that campus pathways remain accessible and safe for the entire university community
- Also, scooters may not be parked in pedestrian pathways, vehicle parking spaces (including ADA), on ADA ramps, stairwells, inside buildings, doorways, or other areas where they block egress or ingress