Food for Fines is a pilot program that will allow those with qualified parking citations to pay them off through donations of 40-oz plastic jars of peanut butter. All donations will go to the new Campus Food Pantry. Brought to you by Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) and Student Government, the program runs from April 11, 2018 through April 27, 2018.
- Only one eligible citation per person can be dismissed.
- Eligible citation dismissal is for the citation only. If late fees or collection fees are due, they MUST BE PAID for PTS to accept the donation for citation dismissal.
- Citations that are already paid are not eligible for refund to participate in the program.
- Only peanut butter is eligible for donation. No substitutions.
- Peanut butter must be in a plastic jar. Glass jars and containers as well as cans will not be accepted.
- Peanut butter must be sealed, unopened, and not expired.
- Size: Peanut butter jars must be at least 40 ounces. Multiple, smaller jars cannot be combined to equal 40 ounces.
- Quantity (jars larger than 40 ounces are acceptable):
- $15-$35 Citations: TWO 40-oz plastic jars of peanut butter are required for citation dismissal
- $75 Citations: THREE 40-oz plastic jars of peanut butter are required for citation dismissal
Only citations issued between August 16, 2017 and April 10, 2018 will be eligible for dismissal.
Eligible citations must also be one of the following:
|$15||Rollerskating on campus|
|$15||Operating a scooter in areas of campus interior from kiosks weekdays 7:30 am - 3:30 pm|
|$20||Parking overtime at a meter|
|$20||Vehicles of any type parked in a university building|
|$25||Bicycle or EPAMD parking in a non-designated area|
|$35||Parking without a valid authorized permit|
|$35||Improper method of parking including backing into an angled space (parked opposite flow of traffic; parking over the designated parking space line; loading/unloading without flashers on; parking over the rear line of a garage space; parking on the wrong level of a garage).|
Parking in violation of set time parameters in a surface space
Parking in violation of set time parameters in a metered space
|$35||Parking in violation of set time parameters in a garage|
|$35||Parking in violation of set time parameters in a loading zone space|
|$35||Parking or driving on sidewalks, grass, or shrubbery|
|$35||Unauthorized parking in Thompson Conference Center/LBJ Lots|
|$35||Violating temporary parking restrictions|
|$35||Obstruction of vehicle or pedestrian traffic|
|$35||Unauthorized movement of barricade or parking within a barricaded area|
|$35||Improper passenger pick-up or drop-off|
|$35||Idling at air intake louvers|
|$75||Exceeding the speed limit|
|$75||Moving violation not specified|
Donations are processed at any of seven staffed garage offices around campus. Hours range from weekdays 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. to 24/7, depending on the garage. See the UT Parking Garages page for details.