Welcome to The University of Texas at Austin!
With less than 16,000 spaces and 70,000 individuals accessing campus daily, parking is in high demand. Due to this demand, along with costs of maintaining parking structures and enforcement of spaces, there is no free parking on campus.
The best parking option for visitors is in any of our nine garages conveniently located around campus. No permit is required to park in the garages, just a fee based on the amount of time you parked in the garage. Another option for visitors to access campus is to take advantage of Austin’s transportation systems.
- Visitors can ride UT Shuttles or Capital Metro local bus routes for $1 or express service bus routes for $2.50.
- Visitors can also ride the MetroRail for a fee.
- If you are driving in from out of town, many of Capital Metro’s Park & Rides (.pdf) offer convenient places to park your car for free while you take the bus into campus.
- If you’re flying into town, Capital Metro’s Airport Flyer offers rides between campus and the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
- For cyclists, Austin has numerous bike routes around the city to access campus.