UT Austin Staff and Faculty,
With active 2022-2023 parking permits expiring August 15, 2023, permit renewals and open sales for the fall will begin soon. Parking options to help serve faculty and staff with permit renewals, new permit purchases, and occasional parking are listed below.
Fall Permit Renewals
Emails will be sent to those who are eligible to renew their permit on the following schedule:
- F01-F04 (Brazos Garage, San Antonio Garage, San Jacinto Garage, 27th Street Garage): Permit renewals open July 11
- F06, F09, F0Q, F0W (Conference Center Garage, Nueces Garage, Rowling Hall Garage, Speedway Garage): Permit renewals open July 18
- F11-F13, F15-F99 (Lots 11-13, Lots 15-99): Permit renewals open July 25
- F05, F07, F08, F0Y, F0Z (East Campus Garage, Guadalupe Garage, Health Center Garage, Manor Garage, Trinity Garage): Permit renewals open August 1
- A, AN, AN+, D, D+, M, N, and N+ (surface lot parking, ADA parking, motorcycle parking): Permit renewals open August 1
Permit holders will not be able to purchase or renew their permit early. Access will not open until the emailed renewal date.
The deadline to renew F permits for the fall is August 15. If you miss the renewal deadline for an F permit that is not waitlisted (see permit table under "How to purchase"), you can still purchase the permit after the deadline.
All other faculty/staff permit types do not have a renewal deadline and can be purchased at any time for a pro-rated price.
For instructions on how to renew permits, see Faculty/Staff Permit Renewal & Purchase Instructions.
New Permit Purchases
For those who need a permit for the fall who are not renewing, eligible faculty and staff can purchase A, D, D+, M, N, and N+ as well as available F garage permits online through My Parking Profile beginning on August 1.
Most F permits are waitlisted. For those interested in getting a permit for a waitlisted location, see the F Permit Waitlist page for information.
For instructions on how to purchase permits, see Faculty/Staff Permit Renewal & Purchase Instructions.
The Occasional Parking Program for Employees is a low-cost parking alternative for staff and faculty who need occasional access to the university garages. For just $5 per day, staff and faculty can access participating garages with the ability to enter and exit the garage throughout the day at no additional cost. This program offers the opportunity for substantial discounts from the regular garage daily rate. This option is ideal for those who will be parking in garages fewer than three times per week.
Other Transportation Options
For other transportation options such as CapMetro and UT Shuttles, car and van pools, bicycles, and electric scooter information, visit the Transportation page.
Permit information is also being emailed to students and is available to them on the PTS website.