Numerous parking lots east of I-35 have closed for graduate housing construction: Lots 109, 113, 114, 119, and 121. Within this area, Lots 110-112, 115, and 117 remain open. For more information, including commute options, see East Campus Lot Closures.
View Large / Printable Map (PDF) or click on the map image above.
Where to Park
The C permit is intended for commuters, coming and leaving campus each day, not for continuous vehicle storage or parking. The C Lots and Longhorn Lots do not allow parking from 3 a.m. to 5 a.m.
The following locations are available to C permit holders:
- C Lots / Spaces
- Longhorn Lots: The EC Shuttle provides free transportation between Longhorn Lots east of IH-35 and the center of campus
Note: may be relocated for events as indicated by signage and/or email notification
No Overnight Parking
The C Lots and Longhorn Lots do not allow parking from 3 a.m. to 5 a.m. If you need parking during these times, the following is suggested:
- Upgrade to a garage permit
- Relocate the vehicle to spaces in other lots throughout campus that open up to "Any UT Permit" Monday through Thursday from 5:45 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. and Friday from 5:45 p.m. until Monday 4 a.m.
- Pull a ticket to park in a garage at the hourly rate
Class C Permit parking is on a space-available basis. As PTS does not limit the sale of C permits, finding a C space throughout the day is more challenging. On baseball game and other event days, parking is more limited and PTS encourages early arrival or alternative commute options listed below.
Campus events, including baseball, softball, as well as construction may require relocation. Please read email notifications as well as signage in the area for latest information.
With limited spaces, parking can be a challenge. If the C Permit is no longer meeting your parking needs, keep in mind that it can be returned and refunded for the days remaining on your permit. To return your permit you can go to any staffed garage office.
If you are seeking alternatives to C Permit parking or more options on restricted/event days, consider:
- Intramural Fields Lot - Permit holders can park at Intramural Fields (Guadalupe & 51st) and ride the IF Shuttle, which drops off at Dean Keeton just west of San Jacinto. See map below.
- Shuttle & Capital Metro - If you live along a bus route, consider taking it on event days when parking is restricted. Students ride fare free with their UT ID.
- Park and Ride - If you don't live along a bus route, Capital Metro offers numerous Park and Ride locations with buses that drop off at the university. Students ride fare free with their UT ID.
- Garage Permits - Students can enter the waitlist for a garage permit or purchase one during open sales for future semesters