To protect your bike over winter break:
- Take your bike home or store it inside at a secure location like a friend’s house. It's the easiest way to ensure its security.
- Bikes left on campus are only permitted to park on UT designated bike racks.
- If you leave your bike on campus, make sure it is double-locked.
- If you are really concerned about quick release components on your bike like your seat then buy a locking system for that as well or take it off and bring it with you.
- Make sure you park in a well lit area that is easily seen.
- Register your bike online. It will improve the chances that you get your bike back if it is impounded, lost, or stolen, and it's FREE!