Occasional Parking Program for Employees
The Occasional Parking Program is a low-cost parking alternative for staff and faculty who need occasional access to the university garages. This program offers the opportunity for substantial discounts from the regular daily rate. Participants will set up an Occasional Parking Program account that will allow them to add funds in advance to scan a QR code in and out of university garages.
The Occasional Parking Program is great for staff and faculty who:
- may be engaging in a hybrid work arrangement and will be parking in garages fewer than three times per week
- use alternative transportation and may on occasion need to bring a vehicle to campus
- need to move across campus during the day
Anyone who is eligible to purchase an A permit (surface lot) or certain other approved UT affiliates may purchase Occasional Parking credits. Those with a UT EID can go online to purchase and recharge. UT affiliates who do not have a UT EID will need to visit a staffed garage office.
Purchase and Recharge
Purchases and recharges can be made online via the "Parking Perks" tab in My Parking Profile or in person at a staffed garage office. The initial purchase is $10 (there are no service fees - this is $10 worth of use in the garages). After the initial purchase, the Occasional Parking credits may be recharged online in any increment of $5. When recharged, the funds will be applied to the account automatically.
The funds placed on the Occasional Parking account are non-refundable.
To prevent creating a traffic jam, do not recharge Occasional Parking credits while in a garage entrance or exit lane.
Participating Garages and Fees
Those using Occasional Parking credits can park in the following garages for $5 per day with the ability to enter and exit the garage throughout the day at no additional cost:
- 27th Street Garage
- Brazos Garage
- East Campus Garage
- Guadalupe Garage
- Health Center Garage
- Manor Garage
- Rowling Hall Garage
- San Antonio Garage
- San Jacinto Garage
- Speedway Garage
- Trinity Garage
The Conference Center and Nueces Garages are not included in the Occasional Parking Program.
Using Your Occasional Parking Credits
Occasional Parking Program participants will receive a QR code on their receipt that will be scanned at the access columns located at the entrances and exits of each garage. Participants can get their QR code any time through the "Parking Perks" tab in My Parking Profile; the QR code has no expiration date. Scan the QR code at the access columns even if the gate is open. Please ensure you always scan your QR code when entering and exiting the garage. Occasional Parking credentials that are out of sync, where there is not an exit for every entry, may be subject to a $15 re-synchronization fee. You may only park one vehicle in a garage at a time using the QR code.
Balances and last use will be available on the "Parking Perks" tab in My Parking Profile.
You will not pull a ticket, nor will you need to go to the cashier before exiting when you utilize Occasional Parking credits.
Parking is on a space-available basis in each participating garage. If the CARD USE ONLY signs are illuminated or the lot is otherwise noted as full, your Occasional Parking credits will not work in that location. If you have a situation where parking is unavailable in the preferred garage, try another participating garage. Parking is limited and not guaranteed in any specific garage, and your vehicle must be removed from the garages by midnight. If you leave your vehicle parked after midnight, you will be subject to additional fees. The Occasional Parking Program does not grant privileges to park overnight in any garage. We also reserve the right to limit the use of Occasional Parking credits for some events.
Persons issued parking credentials with the International Symbol of Access (ISA) can purchase parking when they arrive on campus by using the ParkMobile App or the ParkMobile website using the zone code 96121.
Parking can be purchased for use at any ADA or Special Accommodation space on a space-available basis. The cost is $5 per day, or the prevailing event parking rate during events.
Converting Parking Perks Credits to Occasional Parking Credits
Employee Parking Perks users will need to convert to using Occasional Parking credits to access garages. If you would like to convert your Parking Perks credits to Occasional Parking credits, email email@example.com.
We will move any balance you have on your Parking Perks account that is divisible by $5 to the new Occasional Parking Program account upon request. For any balances not divisible by $5, you will need to add credits at a staffed garage office to transfer them. We will email you the necessary credits to add should you need to do so.
The funds placed on the Occasional Parking Program are non-refundable, and Parking and Transportation Services will only transfer a balance to a replacement Occasional Parking account at the time the original account is reported as compromised. A $10 replacement fee will be charged to transfer funds. There is no fee to reprint or reclaim a QR code from the "Parking Perks" tab in My Parking Profile.
Rules and Regulations
- Occasional Parking Program participant assumes full responsibility for violations involving their vehicle and Occasional Parking credentials.
- The University assumes no responsibility for losses by fire, theft, collision or otherwise to your vehicle.
- Occasional Parking Program participant must abide by all applicable university Parking & Traffic Regulations.
- Failure to obey the state traffic laws or the Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) Garage Rules and Regulations could result in a traffic citation or your vehicle being impounded.
- A set fee will be deducted from your Occasional Parking account balance for each use. Fee schedule is available above. Parking usage fees are subject to change. Not every garage will be part of the Occasional Parking Program.
- The funds placed on the Occasional Parking Program are non-refundable, and PTS will only transfer a balance to a replacement Occasional Parking account at the time the original account is reported as compromised. A $10 replacement fee will be charged to transfer funds.
- The Occasional Parking account is non-transferable. Participant is solely responsible for their account. Rights regarding activation or deactivation of the account remain with PTS.
- The Occasional Parking Program participant may not let anyone else use their Occasional Parking account. Doing so may result in the cancellation of their Occasional Parking account with no refund. Full financial responsibility remains with the Occasional Parking participant.
- Garage access with Occasional Parking credentials is not allowed during home football games and may be limited during other special events at the discretion of PTS. PTS reserves the right to limit locations and periods of usage at all times.
- Parking is limited and is not guaranteed in any specific garage. Occasional Parking participant's vehicle must be removed from the garages by midnight. If you leave your vehicle parked after midnight, you will be subject to additional fees. The Occasional Parking Program does not grant privileges to park overnight in any garage.
- The Occasional Parking Program is not a permit and does not convey any surface parking rights or privileges.
- PTS reserves the right to close or block exits and entrances at any time to accommodate large crowds and provide a safe atmosphere for garage patrons and pedestrians.
- When using Occasional Parking credentials, participants must always scan their QR code to enter and exit the garage. If one gate is open, choose a closed gate to enter or exit the garage. If you drive through an open gate, you must first scan the Occasional Parking QR code. This will ensure that the Occasional Parking credential stays in sync. Out of sync credentials may be subject to a $15 re-synchronization fee.