Do I qualify for an S permit?
If you are a UT Austin student living off campus (i.e., those who do NOT have an official university residence hall contract), you qualify for an S permit. If you are a commuter student, you qualify for a future S permit through the S Permit Open Sales Lottery
Ok, I qualify. Now how do I apply for an S permit?
Follow these steps:
- On the date posted on the Class S permit page, go to the "Waitlist" tab on your Parking Profile by logging in with your UTEID and password. The URL is:https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/pts/parking/waitlist/logon/.
- Enter up to two choices for garages where you want to park. You should also enter your vehicle information including license plate, make, model, and color for any vehicles you may be driving.
- Within a week of the S lottery start date, an email will be sent with S permit offers to those picked in the lottery. Your offer may be for either of the two garages you selected.
- Make sure to follow the payment instructions and deadline posted in the "S Permit Offer" email. To secure your space, payment must be received to PTS prior to the deadline stated in your email. Payment must be paid by credit card or WIO online. Failure to complete the payment by the deadline will result in your offer being cancelled.
- We will continue to make offers until the garages fill or all of those who have entered the lottery have received an offer.
- If you do not receive your first choice, you will remain on the waitlist for all the garages you entered for a chance to move during the semester.
What if I entered the lottery and didn't get an S permit offer?
While we can't make guarantees, we expect to be able to make an S permit offer to everyone who enters the lottery. You may not get your first choice but we will make an offer to the next available garage in the general area of your original requests.
How long will the lottery take?
All that get an S permit offer will receive by 5 pm Monday, December 3.
What are my chances of getting into the garage I want?
Typically, Brazos Garage (BRG), Speedway Garage (SWG), and 27th Street Garage (TSG) are in highest demand and fill up first, followed by San Antonio Garage (SAG),San Jacinto Garage (SJG), and Guadalupe Garage (GUG). Manor Garage (MAG) andTrinity Garage (TRG) have never filled up during previous open sales periods. This lottery is not weighted for new or returning students. It is completely random. We highly recommend that you make multiple choices during the lottery process to increase the chance of you getting a parking assignment in the area desired.
What if I missed the lottery?
You can still get an S permit if you missed the lottery. We will have open sales beginning 10 a.m. on Wednesday, December 5, 2018 on My Parking Profile.