2023 S Permit Timeline
|Opens for Entry at 10 a.m.||Deadline||Notes|
|Spring to Summer Renewals||April 4||April 14|
|Spring to Summer Transfer Requests||April 4||April 14||
Transfers Awards Sent: April 18
|Summer S Waitlist offers||ongoing||April 14||
Offers Made: April 18
|Summer S Open Sales||April 28||ongoing|
S Permit waitlist offers are time sensitive. Be sure to pay by the deadline communicated via email.
Do I qualify for an S permit?
If you are a UT Austin student living off campus (i.e., those who do NOT have an official university residence hall contract), you qualify for an S permit.
Ok, I qualify. Now how do I apply for an S permit?
Follow these steps:
- If you do not already have an S permit for the summer 2023, you can either buy one from an available garage during opens sales through My Parking Profile, or for unavailable garages, go to the Waitlist tab on your Parking Profile by logging in with your UT EID and password to enter the waitlist.
- Enter up to two choices for garages where you want to park. You should also enter your vehicle information including license plate, make, model, and color for any vehicles you may be driving.
- An email will be sent with S permit offers to those picked from the waitlist. Your offer may be for either of the two garages you selected.
- Make sure to follow the payment instructions and deadline posted in the S Permit Offer email. To secure your space, payment must be received to PTS prior to the deadline stated in your email. Payment must be paid by credit card or What I Owe online. Failure to complete the payment by the deadline will result in your offer being cancelled.
- We will continue to make offers until the garages fill or all of those who have entered the waitlist have received an offer.
- If you do not receive your first choice, you will remain on the waitlist for all the garages you entered for a chance to move during the semester.
What if I entered the waitlist and didn't get an S permit offer?
While we make every effort to provide an offer to all who enter the waitlist, there is no guarantee everyone will receive one. Those who do not get an offer will need to purchase a permit for one of the garages that remain available after waitlist offers through My Parking Profile. You will remain on the waitlist for the garages you selected, so you can receive an offer should space become available.
What are my chances of getting into the garage I want?
Typically, Brazos Garage (BRG), Speedway Garage (SWG), and 27th Street Garage (TSG) are in highest demand and fill up first, followed by San Antonio Garage (SAG), San Jacinto Garage (SJG), and Guadalupe Garage (GUG). Manor Garage (MAG) and Trinity Garage (TRG) have never filled up during previous open sales periods. The waitlist selection is not weighted for new or returning students. It is completely random. We highly recommend that you make multiple choices during the waitlist selection process to increase the chance of you getting a parking assignment in the area desired.
What if I missed the waitlist selection period or did not get an offer?
You can still get an S permit if you missed the waitlist selection period. During open sales, remaining S permits are on sale through My Parking Profile. If you would like an S permit for a garage not listed as available, you can join the waitlist. Offers will continue to be made should space become available.