2021 Student Permit Dates
|Group||Permits||How to Obtain||Deadline|
|July 6||Non-Dorm Residents with S Permits||S (garages)||Renew||July 22
at 5 p.m.
|July 14*||Dorm Residents||R (garages)||Enter Lottery||See R Permit page|
|July 19||Non-Dorm Residents||S (garages)||Enter Lottery||See S Permit page|
|August 5||Students||C, C+, D, D+, M, N, N+ (surface lot parking, ADA parking, Motorcycle parking)||Renew/Buy||ongoing|
Permits can be purchased and renewed online through My Parking Profile. To select the permit you want to purchase or renew:
- Select the Cars section/tab.
- Scroll down to Future Year Permits.
- Select the permit to purchase/renew by clicking the Buy [permit type] button. Please be aware that multiple permits will appear. Verify you selected the correct permit before completing purchase.
M Permit Renewals
If you have an M permit (motorcycle/moped) in addition to a C, C+, D, D+, or S car permit, please renew your car permit first. Once your car permit has been renewed, your M permit can be renewed at no cost beginning August 5. Your M permit will be mailed to you in mid-August.
To ensure your M permit is mailed to the correct address, go to My Parking Profile:
- Select the Profile section/tab.
- Under the Addresses section, make sure the address you would like your permit mailed to is listed as the primary. You will need to be able to receive your permit at this address in mid-August.
- If the address you want is not listed, you can update your address information through UT Direct Address Change.
To check your license plate registrations through My Parking Profile:
- Go to the Cars (or Motorcycles) section/tab.
- Scroll down to License Plate [license plate #].
- Edit or remove the car (or motorcycle) as necessary.
- To add a car (or motorcycle), click the + Register a new car (or motorcycle) button at the top.
You may register up to three vehicles, but only one registered plate can be parked on campus at any given time. Failure to register your plate may result in citations.
If You Have Citations
You will not be able to renew your permit until all outstanding citations are paid. You can access citations attached to your record as well as pay for them through My Parking Profile.
Payments can be made with American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. There is no service charge for using this option. You may also elect to add your permit to your What I Owe bill, which allows for payment by credit card, eCheck, and electronic funds transfer (EFT). If you use What I Owe as a payment method, you must pay the full parking balance before the start of the fall semester. Failure to pay may result in forfeiture of the permit, a financial bar, or both.